We meet for the first time at Impact Radio for a free preliminary meeting to introduce the Workshop’s content and methods.
1. Radio Advertising & Production – Five full day classes
Aim : To introduce advertising production and voice-overs to aspiring voice artists and presenters
- Week 1 : Production cost structure. Script writing (1). Creating the ad. Getting and using the correct information. Practical and theoretical.
- Week 2 : Script writing (2). Creating the ad. The client and the script. Practical and theoretical.
- Week 3 : Doing voice overs. Directing of voice-overs. Using sound and voice.
- Week 4 : Recording and production of the ad. Using music and sfx.
- Week 5 : Recording and production of the ad. Final touches.
2. Radio Presenting & Programming – Full day, 4 classes
Aim : To prepare on-air staff or aspiring presenters for responsible, live broadcasting and programming.
- Week 1 : Radio is Sound. Radio formats. Radio clock and structuring your programme. Interviews : Preparation and practical.
- Week 2 : Programme formats, creativity and the compiling of a programme. News reading, sport, weather & traffic reports and communication.
- Week 3 : Presenting. Announcing, use of voice and techniques. Presenting & practical.
- Week 4 : Live reads : ads, announcements, information & scripts. Interviews, introduction of guests, questions and telephone interviews. Do’s and don’t’s. Recording of demo and final touches
Costs per workshop : R 4500.00. No VAT charged. Request Application Form.